Saturday, November 30, 2013

Lifestyle: Multnomah Falls, Oregon

Hi, friends! A few weeks ago Ross and I took a trip to Multnomah Falls, right outside of Portland. I had been chomping at the bit before the move to see this incredible waterfall- the tallest in Oregon and the 2nd tallest year round waterfall in the US) and it was everything I imagined it would be. Ross and I hiked Multnomah Falls, which is about 2.5 miles round trip. I originally thought the hike was going to be a piece of cake; I mean, I am someone who actually enjoy walking so for me, 2.5 miles isn't a long walk. Wrong! I didn't take into account the change in elevation and being someone from the South, I am not used to these high altitudes. I kid you not, about a half a mile in, I was winded. We eventually made it to the top and I had such a feeling of accomplishment. The view the entire hike was stunning! Below are a few pictures from our hike. I would highly recommend visiting Multnomah Falls. Even if you are unable to do the hike, the view is unbelievably breathtaking and the pictures below do not do it justice.

A very nice man took our picture. It was so cold when we got there. 
Notice as you go through the pictures how the layers come off. Lol

 Multnomah Falls



 Can you spot the furry friend?!
 I was wearing two shirts, my Northface, and two pair of pants- yeah, it was cold!
For height comparison, I am just under 5'3'' 
 The increible view across from Multnomah Falls


Wild ferns!


 I have no idea what kind of plant this is, but I thought it was pretty!
 Almost at the top...

I meant to take a picture and accidentally took a video; what luck! 
The very top of the waterfall
 We made it to the top!
 The waterfall going down!

Top view of the bridge
After our hike, we went in the Multnomah Falls restaurant for lunch- the food was pretty good, too!




Daily Dose of Pretty
      • Even though I am 40 hours away from Alabama, I am still rocking my Crimson, White, and Houndstooth today! #RollTide #IronBowl2013
      • Eating a Lean Cuisine for lunch- the Roasted Turkey and Vegetables one- yum! 
      • Chevy had surgery on Wednesday. He had a mass on his ear removed, five teeth pulled, and was treated for severe ear infection. I guess that's the life of a (former) stray! #Rescue 
      • The guest bed was delivered yesterday! Looking forward to Ross' parents coming for a visit next month! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10