Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Milk of Magnesia for Oily Skin/ Acne!

A little before Christmas I came across a blog talking about using Milk of Magnesia to help combat oily skin...say what?! In the blog, Karen talked about how she used it as a primer and her makeup lasted for hours and how she looked "amazing!" Because I don't have oily skin, I disregarded the tip. A few weeks later, Wayne (from gossmakeupartist) was talking about this interesting tip on his YouTube channel how amazing Milk of Magnesia is to use as a primer- without using an additional primer- or as a face mask. At that moment, my little ears perked up and I decided to give this stomach laxative a whirl!
Like I said, I don't have oily skin, mine is combination- oily t-zone, but I get those annoying  blemishes during my monthly (yeah, ladies, it just got personal!) and when I'm stressed. That night I quickly went to Wal-Mart to buy the Milk of Magnesia and praying to God that no one saw me! When I got home I took off my makeup and applied (after shaken) to bare skin. After about 20 minutes, I washed it off and applied my moisturizer as usual and then worked on some school work. A few hours later I looked in the mirror and noticed that my skin was completely matte and those unsightly blemishes weren't as noticeable.  Can you believe it? The antacid worked like a dream!

Price: Less than $5 (at my Wal-Mart) for 12 fl oz

Overall Thoughts...
I use Milk of Magnesia once a month (sometimes twice) to absorb any excess oil and help heal blemishes. If you have oily skin, I think this would be amazing as a primer because it's so mattfying but I would recommend practicing before you leave the house. Although, I haven't tried it as a primer, so I can't attest to it. 

Would I Recommend It?
I would definitely recommend trying Milk of Magnesia to help keep oil at bay, but I would not recommend this to any dry skin girls (or guys) out there...the drying of the product may be a little too harsh for your skin type. 



Daily Dose of Pretty...
  • My two year old niece cut her own hair on Saturday-Yikes!- and is getting it fixed today! Can't wait to see what the hairstylist does with it. I hope she's able to make it cute (Bella cut off a lot of hair!) because she turns three tomorrow and  her party is on Saturday! 
  • My Spring Break starts in two days! Whoo hoo!
  • I had a nice chat with my Grandma today! It always makes my day talking to her! (:

Have you tried Milk of Magnesia for Oily Skin/Acne? 

3 comments:

  1. I've tried MoM on my face, but I found it too drying. I only have an oily t-zone and with age, that is going away. Currently, I am using Urban Decay's Deslick spray. I apply to my t-zone before I do my make up. I use it as a primer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you were "praying that nobody saw you"? why? cause you are the only person on planet earth who (they may think)may or may not be constipated? how immature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Milk of Magnesia is to use as a primer- without using an additional primer- or as a face mask. At that moment, my little ears perked up and I decided to give this stomach laxative a whirl! Acne

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10