Monday, November 11, 2013

Current Obsessions: Nov. 2013

I know,  I know! I've been M.I.A. for the months! Seriously, a million and one things have happened since my last post in May. I will be doing a Where Have I Been post in the next few days! Any who, I figured since it's been so long since I've checked in with you guys that I would do a Current Obsessions post. I love watching and reading Favorites videos and blogs. So, without further ado, here are my Current Obsessions- in no particular order.


 Hard As Hoof
My nails have always been awful. Thin and brittle, breaking or peeling anytime I get the slightest growth. I was telling a co-worker of mine at my previous job how bad they were and she said her aunt swore by Hard As Hoof. On her lunch break she went by Wal-Mart and picked grabbed the last two Hard As Hoof and gave me one...super nice of her, right?! I started out using it three times a day, but now that it's been about 3 or 4 weeks, I only use it once a day. I cannot get enough of this stuff! My nails are not crazy thick and still peel on the rare occasion, but I can tell a dramatic difference. I've never been one to say "You have to go out, like right now, and get this stuff!", but seriously, if you have brittle nails, you need this in your life!

Sweet Potato Chips
I am on a low calorie diet (I will get to how I track them in a minute) and have been looking for satisfying snacks that won't have MyFitnessPal yell at me anytime I have a little snack. These are delicious and 160 calories for 17 chips. I usually eat half a serving for 80 calories...just enough to satisfy my craving for a "semi-fat snack." I bought these at Fred Meyer for around $4.

Coastal Scents Hot Pot in Sundried
I have been wearing this color a ton lately: All over the lid, blended into the crease, or smudged under my lower lash line. This color is stunning and makes my blue eyes pop. I usually pair it with a nude lip.

Pumpkin Spice Tea
Who isn't obsessed with pumpkin this time of year?! Like everyone else, I love Starbucks's Pumpkin Spice Latte, but don't drink it that much for two reasons: (1) I don't want to drink my calories (2) because coffee makes me shaky. The scent of this tea is a bit strong, but it doesn't taste as strong as it smells. I picked this up at Target for around $5.

*not sure why the screen shot came out blurry.*
Apps: Snapchat, MyFitnessPal, and Vivino
Call me cheap, but I refuse to pay for apps! 
Snapchat has a cult following for damn good reason: it's freaking amazing! Who else finds themselves making ridiculous faces in public because you're Snapchatting your besties?! Guilty!
MyFitnessPal has been a God-sent for counting calories! I am going to be a Bridesmaid in my friend's wedding in January and when I ordered my dress I was a rail-thin college student surviving on grits, oatmeal, and granola bars. Don't get me wrong, I am still petite, but when I tried my dress on last week I cried. I had gained a few pounds and it was very obvious. Ross and I love our wine- empty calories- and whenever we moved across the county we were practically eating McDonalds three meals a day. Enough said, right?! So, as I sat on our bed in tears because my fat ass could barely breath in my dress Ross suggested in a loving way that maybe I count calories to get to the size I need to be to fit in the dress. My feelings were so hurt and not because he kindly suggested I get on a (healthy) diet, but that I needed to. I have been using this very easy-to-use app for a week now and I can already tell a huge difference AND I went to get my dress altered yesterday to get a little length taken off and the boobs taken in and my dress fit like a glove. I definitely will make a conscious effort to keep up the positive, healthy lifestyle changes in terms of my diet. 
Vivino is a free wine app that allows you to scan the picture of wine bottles and then see how other people rate the wine. Ross and I love this! I know I mentioned a second ago that I'm trying not to drink my calories, but a little treat every now and then is fine! The app also allows you to rate the wine so you can go back and see what you liked and didn't care for. Since we've moved to Oregon where there are wineries everywhere, this app has been wonderful! 


Daily Dose of Pretty...
  • Jamming out to Crusin' by Huey Lewis and the News (ft. Gwyneth Paltrow)...my go-to karaoke song! 
  • Leftover Butternut Squash and Black Bean Enchiladas for dinner #HealthyEats  
  • I picked up two of the new Limited Edition Revlon Parfumerie nail polishes. I just applied Italian Leather and it's gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10