Sunday, November 17, 2013

Ellen Tracy Thick Stick Lip Color: Nude and Guava

Hi, friends. I mentioned in yesterday's post that I was out doing a little shopping yesterday. During my furniture and home decor shopping extravaganza, I saw these lip colors at Marshall's my $2.99 each. The colors I chose are Nude and Guava. There were two other colors: a hot pink/fuchsia and a red.
Top to Bottom (with flash): Nude and Guava
Top to Bottom (without flash): Nude and Guava

L to R: Tracy Ellen Thick Stick Lip Color in Nude and Guava 
Nude: This is probably the perfect nude for my skin tone...a little tawny, a little pink. I have a pretty neutral undertone to my skin, although there are days I swear it's a tad bit pink or a tad bit yellow. This shade has a slight sheen, but is not frosty or glittery in any way!

Guava: This was the first shade that caught my eye, as I am more drawn to brighter lips than neutral/nude lips. To be honest, I am still on the fence about the color. It's a lovely pinky-coral, but I can't decide if I like it or not. Seriously, I've been wearing this for about an hour or so and sometimes I look in the mirror and love the shade and how it looks against my fair skin and then sometimes I look at it and think it pulls too pink for my taste- if that's even possible. Like Nude, this shade has a slight sheen, but is not frosty or glittery in any way!

Overall Thoughts: The color feels very comfortable on the lips and I like that the bottom twists up so you don't have to worry about sharpening it. I cannot attest to it's staying power, as I just picked these up yesterday, but so far, I give these two thumbs up!



Daily Dose of Pretty...
  • I made Roasted Cabbage Steaks today for a yummy and healthy late lunch. I found this recipe on Pinterest and I have a whole board dedicated to Healthy Eating
  • I attempted to come up with my own recipe last night. I had a bunch of left over randomness in the refrigerator and didn't want them to go bad so I made a double squash pasta. I used Spaghetti and Butternut Squash, Spinach, Cream Cheese, Garlic, and Onion with some EVOO and seasoning. In my mind, it was going to be a culinary delight, but for some reason it didn't turn out the way I had hoped and wasn't good at all! #Fail 
  • Ross goes back on night shift tonight. I am so incredibly grateful he has an amazing job, but these next 4-6 weeks of night shift training need to hurry up! I'm ready for my  fiancĂ© and I to return to a more normal schedule. It stinks not seeing him as much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10