Sunday, October 21, 2012

Review: T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel

I love using witch hazel as an astringent!
I started using witch hazel as an astringent about a month ago. Within that time, I can tell such a difference my in skin tone. Witch hazel is great for oily, irritated, red, damaged, blemished or inflamed skin. Being away at college has made my skin go a little crazy: some days it's fabulous, some days it's a blemished hot mess! I blame my bad skin days on a college diet (lots of frozen dinners) and lack of sleep. Since using witch hazel, my skin looks so much better, but I still get the occasional blemish during "that time of the month." Disclaimer: witch hazel does have a fairly strong scent. It smells kinda like a bonfire (burning firewood). When I first started using it, the smell disgusted me, but I don't notice it bothering me anymore. It took me about a week to get used to the smell. Also, T.N. Dickinson's witch hazel does have 14% alcohol in it but I haven't noticed that it's dried out my skin.

When I apply and how often...
I've incorporated witch hazel in my everyday skin care routine. After I remove all my makeup, I put some witch hazel on a cotton ball and go all over my face and neck. I was surprised after using this that I was never getting off all of my makeup- now I know I am. I don't always use witch hazel in the morning...only if my skin has been more oily than usual (Note: I have combination skin). After witch hazel, I apply my moisturizer, as usual.
Hope yall don't mind the houndstooth scarf. There was a glare on the clear bottle.

The claim...
"Our 100% natural astringent gently cleanses and conditions skin without removing essential moisture."


The price...
It's about $4 at Wal-Mart and about $6 or $7 at the drugstore (prices may vary by location).

Daily Dose of Pretty...
  • I've finally rotated my closet to my fall wear. While doing that, I went through all my clothes- spring/summer and fall/winter- that I'm going to give away/donate.
  • Last night I made the best pork chops EVER! Ross really enjoyed them, too!
  • Is anyone else amazed at how fast October went by?! I can't believe November will be here in a week and a half.
What are some of your skin care favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10