Saturday, September 22, 2012

Review: Airspun Loose Face Powder

A little secret to saving some money on face products...
To save some money on face cosmetics, go with a loose powder instead of a compact powder. Why, you may ask? Because for about the same price, you get twice (sometimes three times) the product! Although, this isn't throw-in-your-purse friendly, it's great for setting your foundation before leaving the house. If you get oily throughout the day, just use oil blotting sheets, if you don't want to add more product to your face. FYI: I use Elf's oil blotting paper. These blotting papers are only a dollar and you get 50 of them. I have combination skin (oily T-zone) and I've found that my skin looks so much better when I'm not adding more product, but if you need a powder, go with that. Back to the Airspun face powder, this is hands down my Holy Grail face powder and I feel like no one ever talks about it. I've used this for years. It was actually the first face powder I ever bought. I'm not a sucker for pretty packaging, but I do care about functional packaging. I actually quit using this product for a few years because years ago the packaging was so horrible. Why?!

Story Time...
When I was in high school, I was running late, as usual. I was in the bathroom putting on my makeup and accidently dropped the Airspun loose face powder on the floor. The problem with the old packaging was that the container was cardboard and there wasn't  a hard plastic hole sifter, it was thin plastic (like saran wrap) that you had to punch your own holes. So, when I dropped the container, loose powder went everywhere: all over me, the dog (that was sitting by the door), all over the bathroom and some even got in the hall way. It was a disaster! Because I was running so late, all I had time to do was change clothes and clean the dog and hall way. I had my mom call my step-dad at work to tell him not to go in there until I cleaned it up after school. I was so mad that I swore I would never buy the product again, because of the crappy packaging. Fast forward a year ago when I repurchased the Airspun Powder, four years later. I was in Wal-Mart on the hunt for a good face powder. I almost bought the Loreal one, the one I used after my incident, but saw Airspun had new packaging. Thrilled, I put the Loreal one back and got the Airspun.

About the Loose Powder...
Airspun Loose Face Powder is so unbelievably silky smooth! There is a slight baby powder fragrance to it, but I really enjoy the scent. I have expression lines on my forehead and smile lines and I don't find this product settles in those line. I remember my mom still used this product in her 40s and never said anything about it settling in her fine lines. I think that's another reason of why I love the fragrance-  it reminds me of her. :) This product is about $6 at Wal-Mart, but you can get it at most drugstores for a few dollars more. I have the color Naturally Neutral and it's a tad dark, but I don't think it's too dark where I can't use it. You get 2.3 oz of product- which is huge - and it comes with a powder puff! I've had this one for about a year now and haven't even put a dent in it. Unfortunately, the shade range is pretty limited. They do offer a translucent powder, so if you're interested in this product but have deeper skin or are the fairest of the fair, maybe that would be a good option for you.


Please excuse the dirt puff. I've used it all week and didn't wash it before taking the picture. 
Also, the powder looks a little lighter than it does in real life. 

Daily Dose of Pretty...
  • I slept in until noon! As a college student, I can't tell you the last time I slept in past 8am.
  • I am fixing to heat up some left over pizza...pretty excited about it! 
  • I bought a new dress yesterday! It's a gorgeous deep purple maxi that I thought would be super cute with a scarf and cardigan for fall.

Do you like loose powder? If so, what's your favorite brand? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10