Monday, September 24, 2012

What's In My Makeup Bag (for school or work)

I love watching videos on YouTube to see what's in other girl's makeup bags. I think we all have this curiosity to see what other ladies rely on to keep them looking fabulous throughout the day. So, I will be showing you what I keep in my school makeup bag for touch-ups. Thankfully, my makeup is usually pretty good about staying in place until I get home from class, but there are days when it's a long school day and there's no telling what I am going to look like at the end of it. I have combination skin and I don't use primers (although I am thinking about trying the Black Radiance Primer that Crystalis007 talked about). So, let's go ahead and take a peek in my travel makeup bag. All products are from the drugstore.

I got this bag from Ross' parents. It came in a cute goodie bag for Valentine's Day! So sweet! :) Anyways, it's the perfect size for my essentials. You can purchase little bags like this from Wal-Mart, Target, etc...

What's in my bag...
  • Oil Blotting Sheets- I love the Elf ones and they're only a dollar for 50 sheets. This is a great product for blotting your T-zone (or wherever you get shiny). I don't usually need powder after blotting my face and I've found that my skin looks so much better when I'm not applying more product through the day. Elf can be purchased at target or eyeslipsface.com.
  • Powder Compact- I know I just said that I don't use powder after blotting my face, and typically, I don't. But, on the rare occasion I do need a little more help with shine so powder is great for helping keep shine at bay as well as offering extra coverage. Right now I'm using the Covergirl pressed powder in 105 Ivory. It's a great color match, but I don't like this powder and I would not recommend it. I'm just trying to use it up.
  • Eyeliner- This is not really a necessity and honestly I don't re-apply eyeliner at school unless I'm going somewhere after and need touch-ups. I keep this in here as a "just in case essential." If it's a long school day and I'm meeting friends after, I may want to touch up before going out. I like the Loreal Lineur Intense in Carbon Black- this isn't my absolute favorite, but it is nice. I do like that it's travel friendly.
  • Concealer- Like the eyeliner, I don't reapply unless it's a long school day and I'm going somewhere after. I love the Mybelline Age Rewind in Brightner because I feel like there's a touch of coverage, but it's also brightening. I don't have a problem with this getting cakey after applying over other products.
  • Eyelash curlers- Bringing an eyelash curler is a must for me! That extra curl throughout the day is a great way to make you look more awake. It's like Emily Eddington (EmilyNoel83 from Beauty Broadcast) said... "Your hair falls throughout the day and so do your lashes..." - or something like that. :) P.S My eyelash curlers are from Revlon.
  • A makeup sponge- Sometimes throughout the day your makeup can shift around and not look too good after a few hours. I love taking a damp sponge and blotting my face to help re-blend anything that's shifted around or gotten cakey. I do this step after I use the blotting papers, if needed. I feel like it's not always about adding more product but taking a little away to look more natural.
  • Lipgloss/Lipstick/Chap-Stick/Tinted Lip Balm- One way to really  make you look more put together is to reapply something to your lips. I keep chapstick and lipgloss in my bag at all times, but if I'm wearing a specific lipstick that day, I take that too. I love the Carmex chap-stick in Strawberry and Rimmel's Moisture Renew Gloss in Pink Spa (a sheer gloss). Here lately I've been carrying NYX's lipgloss in Beige because it's so much more opaque than Rimmel's. 
  • A tampon- Yeah, ladies, it just got a little personal. But, really, it's never a good thing when it's that time of the month and you don't have the personal necessities. I remember in high school I kept an "Oopsie Bag" in my locker with tampons, pads, whatever. It always can in handy when my friends or I would need one ASAP! 
  • Tweezers- There's nothing worse than getting in natural light and realizing your eyebrows are a hairy mess. 
  • Bobby pins and pony tail holder- I really need to get a teeny tiny travel brush or comb for my bag, but I think it's so important to have a bobby pin to fix little places that have come undone and a pony tail holder to put your hair up.
  • A small perfume sample- I love perfume samples because they're so travel friendly. It's always nice to have a little refresher throughout the day to keep your pretty selves smelling nice. I am using Sexy Little Things NOIR by Victoria's Secret right now.
  • Gum/Mints - I love having something like gum or mints around to freshen up my breath after lunch or throughout the day if needed. There's nothing worse than being "that girl with the rank break." 
Daily Dose of Pretty...
  • I took the most amazing nap this afternoon. Ah, I needed it so bad!
  • I found some sources for my Annotated Bibliography (for my research paper)
  • Skype wasn't working tonight so I couldn't see Ross, but at least we were able to talk on the phone.

What are some of your favorite makeup bag essentials?

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10