Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Fred's Haul and Bargain Alert!

Whenever I got out of class earlier today, I decided to go to one of the three tiny strip mall type areas in Troy. As I was leaving, I decided to walk around in Fred's just to kill a bit more time. Of course, I pranced my happy self over to the beauty section and found some amazing finds! There was a nail polish rack with ColorMates nail polish for a dollar with some great shades! I also spotted a makeup brand that I didn't recognized either called Ion Cosmetics. I must admit, I know nothing about these brands, but for everything I purchased being a buck, I couldn't pass up such a sweet deal! My total (including tax) was $4.36! 


ColorMates Nail Polish
L to R: Colormates Nail polish in Butter Me Up, Bahamian Blue, and Little Blue Book.
All have three coats and no top coat. 

Butter Me Up: This was the only one that came out patchy. The color is pretty, but I think next time I'll try using white as a base coat. Oh, and it isn't a creme finish and I don't see any microglitter in the polish, but there is a nice sheen with this one. 

Bahamian Blue: What a fun color for spring! This is a creme finish and it came out a bit darker than how it looks in the bottle, but it's still very pretty! This is is opaque in two coats, but I dd three so they would all be the same.

Little Blue Box: Okay, I have no idea why ColorMates decided to name this one Little Blue Box...it's clearly a minty-green... with a creme finish! With that being said, it's still just as gorgeous! This one was opaque in two coats, but as I mentioned before, I wanted them to all be the same. 

Ion Cosmetics Lipgloss
 The shade I picked up is called Dolly.
I just got back from class and shopping and my makeup is a bit worn off...#NoJudging!

Dolly: What a great everyday pinky-neutral. This is very creamy and feels nice on the lips. I love that it isn't goopy and sticky so I don't get the god-awful mummy lips...you know the ones!

Overall Thoughts: I will be buying a back up of the Bahamian Blue and Little Blue Box nail polishes! Talk about pretty colors with great color pay off! I also will be buying a back up of the lipgloss in Dolly and I am thinking about trying more shades! 


What are some of your great bargain finds?! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10