Sunday, December 2, 2012

Throwing Fireballs With Family!

Hello, Pretty People! 
I know it's been forever since my last blog, but school has been crazy...only two more weeks till Christmas break! A month or so ago I mentioned that my family and I would be throwing fireballs in the upcoming weeks and that I would be blogging about it.
I first want to start out by saying that it was so amazing to get together with my family. I had not seen some of them in over 10 years! So, yeah, I was basically re-meeting some of my family all over again.

About fireballs...
Throwing fireballs has been a family tradition for many generations. I asked my grandfather how the tradition started and he couldn't remember. All he could remember was his mother (my great-grandmother) sitting around with her sisters making them for Christmas. When my grandfather was growing up, they didn't have a lot of money for Christmas, so for their entertainment, they threw balls of fire back and forth. Yes, fireballs are literally on fire! Last year, my grandmother made all the fireballs for our family (about 10-12). At that time, only 8 people participated. This year, family I had not seen in over a decade came down, so we needed a bot more than 10-12. This year, we had 22 fireballs with about 15 people throwing.

Last Year (New Year's Eve 2011) 


This weekend (Dec. 1st, 2012)




Diclaimer: I am NOT to be responsible for anyone getting hurt playing with fireballs. My family has been doing this for many, many years so we know what we're doing. Do not attempt! 

Daily Dose of Pretty...
  • It was so amazing seeing everyone last night! What a great way to start off the Holiday season! 
  • I have my first final tomorrow! Wish me luck! 
  • I think I will start Christmas shopping tomorrow! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10