Thursday, December 6, 2012

Review: Milani Purple Gleam & Sale Alert

Just a heads up, CVS is having a clearance sale...50-75% select items! I saw the sale on Nouveau Cheap's blog. The link will be below. You might want to scan the sale items before you check out because some of the sale items on the list were not on sale at my CVS.

I ended up buying four Milani nail polishes, the Revlon Colorstay concealer in light and a backup of my favorite light, Wet-n-Wild's single shadow in Brulee. I got all this for $9.06 with $22.93 in savings.

Whenever I got home I decided to try Milani's One Coat Glitter in Purple Gleam. I have been obsessed with purples lately, literally cannot get enough!

The polish...
One Coat. 
I really wanted to put this polish to the test since it's called one coat. On my index and ring finger I'm only wearing one coat of the glitter polish. On my middle and pinky finger I'm wearing Wet-n-Wild's Disturbia (a deep purple) as a base and one coat of Purple Gleam, Honestly, one coat of Purple Gleam alone doesn't cut it for me. I do, however, like the purple base with the glitter over it. Hopefully it will be easier to get off because there isn't as much glitter on that nail. 

Two Coats.
I have two coats on all the nails and I think they all look the same. In the future, I will use the Disturbia as a base and only one coat of the glitter polish because I don't think it makes that big of a difference and I don't have an extra layer of glitter to get off. 

Overall Thoughts...
I think this is a beautiful true purple glitter polish. Obviously the one coat claim isn't entirely true, but with either a base coat or two glitter coats, it's just perfect. I do reccommend this polish to anyone wanting to try it. It's gorgeous on the nails...and it's only $1.25 at CVS right now!

Glitter is tough to remove so use the foil method to remove this (or other glitter) polishes.

Daily Dose of Pretty...
  • I am overly excited about my wonderful deals from CVS!
  • Ross' Christmas present came in today and the nail polish I ordered for myself came in too. What a pleasant surprise since it came a few days early! 
  • I had a study session with a friend from class and I feel a little bit better about our final tomorrow. We met at Starbucks and I had the Gingerbread Latte (which is delicious), but since I don't drink things with caffeine, I'm a bit jittery. Lol
Click here to see the CVS clearance list on Nouveau Cheap's blog.


Which Milani polishes do you like?! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10